Ash21 First thoughts

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Ash21 First thoughts

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all, So Yesterday I thought I would make a Early Morning buy and thought the ASH21 was a good choice I have been looking at it for some time and thought why not...

First Thoughts are This is Strange Looking Camera lol.. But the Looks can fool you as the camera seems Really Solid... I have a 4108 NVR and have 8 cameras on it already so I thought I would Remove my Very Costly Samsung PTZ camera and see how these stacks up to the 841, Doorbell camera and 751 yeah I know a 751 really? LOL Well as much as I hate the Camera I love it 10x that much so it stays until it dies...

One of the things that I wish the 841's had is the ability for the camera to go back to the starting point when motion movement is active Well good News the ASH21 does just that.. . ON movement the camera will follow the person and after a short time it will return to what I will call home..... YAY... So I have not tested it out to the Fullest yet.. But this weekend will be a great time to put it though its paces...

So Far only thing I have that I don't like about this Camera is that it don't share the Mount system the other cameras have... This is like one of my Other Brand Cameras and has a Small bracket that you spin the camera onto.. So you have to make sure that you have it well placed where you want it before attaching the screws... Once on the camera can Pan and Tilt by design but plate/mount is just small almost flat plate the camera spins onto... Before long I will make a Bracket that will work with the normal mounts the 841, 941, 1051 and so on work with...

So at first I had this camera in the hallway and because it tracked you my family didn't like the idea lol So for now I have it in my Office. I have another camera that has Tracking on Motion and forgot when I had it in the hall they didn't like the idea lol... Always thinking I am watching them.. So that camera is being used as my Puppy Camera when I am away from home because of motion tracking and 2 way audio I can keep in contact with them when away...

This has Motion and Human detection however I am not sure why but even though I have it turned on the last 2 humans that it could track it ignored them... However it sees cars going by without any issue... So I will have to find out settings to change for human to work...

When I got this yesterday I will told Friday would be my Day So I am very pleased to have it here a day early...

At this time for the Cost i would say anyone looking for a Indoor camera should look at this camera.. It will work with NVR/DVR without issue.. I had this camera setup in less then a minute It works with my H264 NVR and I hear it also working with the newer H265 as well... So far I give this camera 2 Thumbs up and 5 Stars as my First thoughts on the camera...

For Now I am going to use this on cable... I will test later on the Ability to use Wifi however right now only my 751 and a couple of Other Brand cameras are on Wifi to keep Traffic on Wifi clear for other things...
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Re: Ash21 First thoughts

Post by amcrest168 »

it would be nice if the amcrest ad110 doorbell also has the same ai human detection feature like the ash21. good to know the ash21 is a winner.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So another thing I found about the Camera not really to fond of to be honest...

Right now I have this in Close in my Office... It seems there is a Camera Fisheye effect from the camera lens.. While I am not sure if this is the way it was but some more testing will go on to see if it is an effect because the Straight line is up close or if it will still be in picture far away... I also see the same Left Side effect on the AD110 to be honest... Left side of the picture bends a straight object...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I think that's typical unless you use a camera with a narrow field of view.