Cameras will not save video / pictures to computer (PC-NVR)

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
redoaklandscape

Cameras will not save video / pictures to computer (PC-NVR)

Post by redoaklandscape »

Hello,

I have 4 Amcrest IP2M-841B cameras. Each is setup using wifi connections. I have Amcrest Surveillance Pro software installed on a desktop computer running Windows 10.

I setup the Amcrest Surveillance Pro exactly as the instructions outlined. All of my devices are listed in the device list in the software, including my desktop computer (PCV-NVR device). I allocated hardware space to record.

Anyhow, my cameras function fine and I can view the streams from my PC-NVR device, but for some reason the PC-NVR device will not record locally. The cameras trigger fine when motion is detected, they also save to the installed SD cards just fine, but for some reason I cannot get the video feeds to save to my desktop computer. No video or picture captures are able to be played locally, as they are not being saved locally. When I try to select a device and play from the local device it says "No Record" or something along those lines.

I am stumped. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, following every part of the instructions for installation to the letter.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Cameras will not save video / pictures to computer (PC-NVR)

Post by longedge »

Welcome to the forum :)

I've got 4 devices on my system. There are 3 cameras and PC-NVR which is also a device.

Just to confirm you have added one or more of your cameras to PC-NVR so that when you drop down the PC-NVR tab you can see them listed. My ASP/Live View default group looks like this (note that I don't bother recording one camera as I only use it for snapshots) -
liveview.jpg
liveview.jpg (20.19 KiB) Viewed 2414 times
In the ASP Playback window it looks very similar. In this screenshot I've selected the "front" camera and I could now go ahead and use the search facility to find recordings. These are completely separate from the recordings on your SD card -
playback.jpg
playback.jpg (25.64 KiB) Viewed 2414 times
If that's what you're already seeing then we need to troubleshoot a bit further :)

p.s. - this is the first recording from last night on my "front" camera as recorded by PC-NVR and how ASP looks in "Playback" after a search. Note the recordings found listed down right side of screen.
first_recording.jpg
first_recording.jpg (804.55 KiB) Viewed 2408 times
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
redoaklandscape

Post by redoaklandscape »

I see Default Group which has a list of all 4 cameras. I also see PC-NVR with its own subgroup of 4 cameras which are listed. The live stream is viewable if I select the default group cameras, but if I select the PC-NVR list cameras (which are the same cameras as the default group) I get the message search stream timeout.

Also, on the playback window on the Device tab I get playback from Default Group, but no playback from the PC-NVR camera list. Also, on the local tab nothing plays.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I have to admit that I'm not sure and I'm just guessing. Can you confirm that you are selecting the camera from within the PC-NVR group and not the camera itself. I'm not good at putting things into words and for me a picture is much better. In this screenshot the "sky" camera is selected and a search has shown that there are recordings BUT these are on the camera's SD card, as I said I don't even record to PC-NVR from it. It's an important point to note that the ASP playback view is providing access to both the camera recordings and those on PC-NVR.

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree and telling you something you already know but I found that I got confused at first until I started thinking of PC-NVR as a completely separate device.
camera_recordings.jpg
camera_recordings.jpg (365.57 KiB) Viewed 2377 times
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
danzetus

Post by danzetus »

I have exactly the same issue!
I have 4 cameras. I can see the live view from OnVif application on my cell phone, Amcrest Surveillance Pro but only the ones that not under PC-NVR. The cameras are not recording and I cannot see the image on a cloud view.
Drives me crazy. I have disable firewall on the desktop I am using as PC-NVR. I have tried different settings on a cameras. Just does not work...
Could be something with firmware? Anyone from Amcrest support personnel?
Have you resolved the issue?
Thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@danzetus Hello and welcome to the forum

First question is have you setup your PC-NVR on the computer?

Second " How many IP do you have setup in that computer? If more then 1 PC-NVR won't let you set it up

Please load PC-NVR in side of ASP and take a Screen shot of the first page.. IP address don't matter but if there is any SN present please blur them out.. .

This computer don't have PC-NVR because I have to many IP's that is the first Picture I will show.. Please note in the first picture there is no IP and PC-NVR is not in the page.. On Second picture there is that Computers IP of 10.0.0.139 that is Host to my PC-NVR and another FTP server for my Cameras..
Screenshot (2514).png
Screenshot (2514).png (37.83 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
This is a Picture of another one of my computers with PC-NVR setup for my Ash21
Screenshot (193).png
Screenshot (193).png (80 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
Be Safe.
danzetus

Post by danzetus »

The computer I have used for PC-NVR is a desktop. I have 2 network cards but the cable is unplugged from one of the card. What do you mean by how many IPs? I do have loop back and IPv6. But I have used IPv4 to configure it. IPv4 for network communication is only one.

I have uninstalled the application and installed Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta.
All good with the new version. I am not sure how stable it is but it is working.

The only issue I have now is the Amcrest Cloud. I will create a new thread for that.
Thank you!