REPLAY/PLAYBACK function recently started freezing (App only)

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
smokethisgt

REPLAY/PLAYBACK function recently started freezing (App only)

Post by smokethisgt »

I have a very simple setup with 2 wifi cameras and an NVR. I'm noticing, over the last 6 months or so that all cameras, that when accessing replay mode in the App that the playback would freeze/skip and even jump ahead 20 seconds or so, making the replay function useless.

If I log into my NVR on my PC and access playback everything works perfectly fine - this only happens when using the REPLAY function OR the PLAYBACK function within the app - ONLY WHEN ON LTE. Works perfectly fine on WIFI.

I have tried adjusting the "extra stream" with the lowest resolution and get the same result. Also tried lowering the main stream to the lowest, just to test, and get the same issue. Also happens even on my wifes phone...

Suggestions?
Thanks
jack7

Re: REPLAY/PLAYBACK function recently started freezing (App only)

Post by jack7 »

Sounds like your LTE is too slow.  Maybe your LTE provider is throttling your path for some reason.  Ask them.  If not using it, try using using P2P(serial#) to access your remote NVR.
smokethisgt

Post by smokethisgt »

Thank you very much for the response. P2P is my current setup. Surely it's not the cell service considering 5G and the fact that sometimes my cell has faster download/upload that home wifi. I'll look into that, but wouldn't that happen at all times? Even when just live viewing? Again, this only happens when using REPLAY, meaning I'm thinking it's something with the app or NVR.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I use a remote P2P NVR everyday to playback recordings to a wifi tablet. I tried it today on phone using my cheap cell service. With playback, it was sluggish and not keeping up with the video stream.  But then I paused the recording for a few minutes and then resumed playback.  Then it started receiving a steady 600 KB/s stream.  I later repeated the test with same results.  I don't know how long the steady stream would last because I have limited cell service time to spare. 
See if you get same results and can get a steady stream for a long time.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Looked at some of mine. Working on 5g and what is odd is that mine was playing back at 0. So I am not sure if it was like DL some and it plays and then there is 0 displayed while playing and then it kicks in when it needs too? It is odd for sure. I even tried a few different systems and different channels.

Hate to ask but have you looked local to see if the times that it is hanging that there is solid footage? It could be a wifi issue and when it was recording that section it was dropping out? I know you said that you were able to watch without issue local. However did you try the same channel and same time. Also if there is no issues local, I would reboot your router and your phone just to be sure that they are not the cause.

Lastly what is the state of your HDD? Is it full? If it is full that could be the cause as well.
Be Safe.