Multi camera Mods with PTZ

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Multi camera Mods with PTZ

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello.

Know years and years ago I can't remember how many now... However there was a Camera that was kind of a JOKE if you will. However it did function...

So in my Mind I thought we are in the 2000's now almost 2020 and I would love to see a NEW expansion on this idea. It was a I think 8 sided dome and every flat side had a Lens in it.. This thing had a Red LED or maybe just a Lamp because it maybe was before the LEDS lol... Anyway inside this thing was only 1 Camera and all the lenses but the one on the camera was fake... However with TECH of Today we don't need them to be fake Cameras... They could be small little snap in Mods on the 6 or 8. Then the Cool thing is that part unlike the Camera of the Past rather then just always moving around they would stay still and monitor record and so on what ever you have them facing... Then in the bottom have a full 360 PTZ.

So lets say it was made with 6 Modules in the base. They have adjustment some slight right and left movement by hand while setting it up... Now you have them setup and recording... You can set them to on Motion Move PTZ camera to the area of the Motion and Pop up on screen full screen so you could use PTZ controller to pan and tilt and zoom into what is going on... Could even use maybe a Module like my old one in the PTZ that has Tracking.

So while this would be kind of Hard to setup on a BNC system I am sure it could be done.. However it would be much easier to run a IP setup... Each of the Mods would have their own MSD or maybe even better have a built in NAS or some type of Major storage for all the cameras...

The mods would be Plug and play. So if in the event you needed a 2.8mm lens you could buy one for that area. maybe the next one needs to be a 8mm and the rest are 4mm... The PTZ could be say a 37x with a 3.5mm to 129.5mm. Geez maybe even options on the PTZ as well seeing most of them are snap in one could buy a Tracking one. Maybe someone wants to save some money and buy a non tracking one... Meaning it will still PTZ just won't Auto Track...

So one of my PTZ is 37x with Tracking.. Another one same Module 37x just with out the Tracking. However both will do almost the same thing however the more costly one when it gets Motion it will zoom in and track the motion until it is out of Frame... It will even Auto zoom to keep in frame a like size image until it can no longer see the item being Tracked... Also offers some other things, Like Line crossing, and add and Take away of items alerts lol... However sorry in a PTZ that is not a good Option lol... However because of the Tracking the maker of the Module has the other in there as well... Funny thing... The lower price one will zoom to an area you define in setup on motion so there is some good options even in the less priced one... Again with IP cameras I am sure one could program out things to make the system a Perfect running system...

Maybe only 4 cameras and a PTZ or maybe 3 Cameras and a PTZ now that I think about it... Most people are going to have to mount this on a Wall or side of the house, Garage or barn... If it was in a Large Warehouse then 6 or 8 mods could work because you could mount in Center of warehouse watching everything in one location... For home owners 3 Mods and Under PTZ... Each of the Mods could be cost of a camera with type of lens. so maybe a 2.8mm would be like 75, 4mm 80, 6mm 110, 12mm 120 to maybe having a 60mm for a maybe 250... These would be options and one could buy the camera without buying any mods at the start. Only have the system ready for upgrade in future and use just the PTZ until other lens are bought... Maybe make it setup so At least one Mod would have to be bought to make system work. I would say Fist mount would be West where East is Facing the wall that would leave North and south empty for future upgrade...

So then the cost of something like this LOL.. While I am not sure.. I do know that with all the NEW Tech out today it could be done and TBH wouldn't be that costly to build... It would be a Double Dome in a Sense. To get the PTZ module out the Main larger dome would have to come off. Then you could release the lower PTZ... Then it would have to go back together the same way... In the event a Repair or lower PTZ would need to be removed I would have it will a PLUG so the other system could still be in it's sealed environment... So I will provide a Picture of the Vintage Dome.. I can't find any pictures online so this will have to do.. Or I can't find any at the moment... In my thought where the Red Lite is at the Bottom a Cut out area for a PTZ there... Idea I know maybe a Dumb one but There is loads of people that would buy it...
domeidea.jpg
domeidea.jpg (11.18 KiB) Viewed 591 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Multi camera Mods with PTZ

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well Geez it was a good idea.. Sadly it has already been set into play by the company that bought out or changed name to, from one of the Top line camera manufactures in the world... I did a search for Module for Multi camera PTZ dome and well a Wisenet pops up Geez... Well that wasn't where my idea came from but that is about the look I was talking about lol...

Even looked at a video and it almost looks like they have same type of dual dome I was thinking about but don't think larger one would need to come off first... Anyway off my Picture above was where i came up with a Modern thought. Geez I don't remember how long ago it has been since I had that camera. Took it apart once to change out the Camera that was in it with higher quality one.. Wasn't easy.. After the Motor died I trashed it.. To be honest I now wish I had kept it lol...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Your first post kinda reminded me of this new camera.
https://dahuasecurity.s3-ap-southeast-1 ... asheet.pdf
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

WOW hummm that is interesting... But wow didn't even know about that camera either geez I must live under a rock lol...
Be Safe.