Hello World

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
Zippy15Sti

Hello World

Post by Zippy15Sti »

Hey first time caller long time listener. Just picked up a cpo NVR4108E HS . After having previously having AT&T Digital Security system. I was looking for something to work with the already installed/working Sercomm cameras.

I did some quick R&D and went with this discount Amcrest unit.
Having already DMZ'd and tied the cameras to my home network.Never having setup a NVR , I dove into the settings. Quickly familiarize myself with the functions and switches. Found the General tab under cameras and got them to populate using real time streaming / media / channel. Just coming off a month of playing with ip cam viewer. I basically knew what was going to work.
20190916_225408.jpg
20190916_225408.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 1178 times
Thought I'd share what worked for me . With using older generic cameras.Most being the Sercomm OC 432 and Samsung shn 412bn all being At&t versions. I will say it did find the Samsung under Onvif but wouldn't connect.Tried a few things nothing else seems work but rtsp but do have 4 channels to choose from so no worries there Hey first time caller long time listener. Just picked up a cpo NVR4108E HS . After having previously having AT&T Digital Security system. I was looking for something to work with the already installed/working Sercomm cameras.
20190916_225350.jpg
20190916_225350.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1178 times
I did some quick R&D and went with this discount Amcrest unit.
Having already DMZ'd and tied the cameras to my home network.Never having setup a NVR , I dive into the settings. Quickly familiarize myself with the functions and switches. Found the General tab under cameras and got them to populate using real time streaming / media / channel. Just coming off a month of playing with ip cam viewer. I basically knew what was going to work.
Screenshot_20190919-164946_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20190919-164946_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (838.05 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
Thought I'd share what worked for me . With using older generic cameras.Most being the Sercomm OC 432 and Samsung shn 412bn all being At&t versions. I will say it did find the Samsung under Onvif but wouldn't connect.Tried a few things nothing seems work but rtsp but do have 4 channels to choose from so no worries there.

Over all I'm pretty happy with it, there are some issues and weirdness but it pretty much does what I want. I did run into a load issue when I ran it behind a secondary router on the same network. Probably being the biggest issue
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hello World

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

Hope you find what your looking for here. Always people around to try and help if they can.
Be Safe.