My hiccups with my Amcrest SOLVED

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
chimneyguy

My hiccups with my Amcrest SOLVED

Post by chimneyguy »

So I went online and did my homework on getting a nice doorbell camera. Many of my clients either have Nest or Ring etc but I wanted something different. I came across Amcrest and asked my friend install it as he's the DIY kinda guy when it comes to electronics and surveillance cams etc.
At the start of this install everything seemed to go smooth but when we went to actually connect it to wifi (hotspot) it failed numerous times and It was starting to become frustrating.
I reached out to customer support and honestly they were really good at responding even though we are all dealing with this Corona Virus and businesses are shit down. Bryan who was my representative was great. I read online to maybe change the transformer to the doorbell. Not the actually chime box but the transformer which controls the doorbell. It took me a few days to actually find it but literally it was under my 2story home next to my ac unit and water heater. Many might be in attics or somewhere but mine was where I mentioned.
It was a lower volt transformer so my buddy put it a 30v one bought at Home Depot.
Doing this got my bell working great which was a relief after making time to swap it out.
Once we figured this worked well the chime kit was installed and now this didnt work. I have a mechanical chime and on Amcrest App I chose the me hanical setting not digital.
Bryan with Amcrest informed me that due to an upgrade issue on their end that I'd need to click on app digital not mechanical even though mine was mechanical.
Well everything is now working as it should and now I need to play w a few settings but as of today I got the doorbell to work.
amcrest168

Re: My hiccups with my Amcrest SOLVED

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @chimneyguy and welcome to the forum. i also have an ad110 doorbel and i love it. i'm glad you got it resolved. what i like about this doorbel is you can add it to a NVR for 24x7 recording unlike ring or nest. also the video quality is much better on the ad110.
KarlHungus53

Re: My hiccups with my Amcrest SOLVED

Post by KarlHungus53 »

I assume you meant 30vA. 30v would be too much voltage. It's probably at 16v-30vA transformer.