Amcrest View Pro not working of Galaxy S23 Ultra

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
pblue1235

Amcrest View Pro not working of Galaxy S23 Ultra

Post by pblue1235 »

I have:

Galaxy S23 Ultra Phone, Android 13
Amcrest View Pro 4.2.030
2, IP5M-1190W
2, IP3m-941B
1, IP2M-841B

I can view cameras when connected to home wifi. I cannot view cameras when not connected to home wifi. I could when I had a Galaxy S20. I can setup wifi hotspot on my phone. Then I connect to the hotspot with a tablet. I can then view the cameras on the tablet.

So I believe this is a phone setup or app setup/permission issue. Can anyone help?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest View Pro not working of Galaxy S23 Ultra

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

So it sounds like maybe the camera as added to the phone using IP address and not P2P method? If that is the case then you will want to make sure that you log into each of the cameras using the WebUI, Then go to setup in the top right, then Network. Then Tcp/Ip then in there should be something that says P2P if you click there it should give you a P2P QR code, Now with your phone, Click on the ASP, then top left click on the 3 lines with dots and click on Device Management. Then press the Trash Can for the device. Once that has been done, click the top right +, then click wifi device, and then click the top right for already connected device, then p2p. It will ask you to scan the QR code that is why I had you log into the cameras WebUI so now on the screen of the cameras WebUI you can scan the code, then make a name and enter the right user and password for the device.

Then you will want to do that for the other 2 devices as well.

However if that is already been setup using P2P and your P2P is active and working on the camera then you will want to make sure that you look at your Phones Settings, then app, Amcrest View Pro, then click on Mobile data, and make sure that the Let Mobile data work on the background is enabled. Then at that time after you back out of the settings turn off the Wifi on your Samsung phone and test that you are now able to access your cameras over your phones data connection.
Be Safe.
pblue1235

Post by pblue1235 »

It worked up until I upgraded my phone. So I think that means if is the phone settings.
pblue1235

Post by pblue1235 »

The P2P setup method has worked on 1 camera. I will continue setup on the rest.
pblue1235

Post by pblue1235 »

All of my cameras are working on local wifi and over the internet on my phone. I had saved my camera serial numbers. So for some after selecting "already connected device" I manually entered the serial number.

Thank you for explaining how to setup the camera view on my phone.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hope all is working as expected now. Be Safe.
Be Safe.