Looking for an Amcrest camera with provision for an external microphone

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
X-27

Looking for an Amcrest camera with provision for an external microphone

Post by X-27 »

Looking for an Amcrest camera with provision for an external microphone. Internal microphone will not work in my application. I have spent hours searching. Shockingly, the owners manuals that are available online do not show the connections or wires available. It's almost like you have to buy a camera to see the available connections. I'm hoping someone has some experience with cameras that have a "Line In" for a microphone.

I cannot use an NVR in this application the microphone must go straight to the camera.

Thank you for reading.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Looking for an Amcrest camera with provision for an external microphone

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There are a good few cameras offered that have line in. Need it for indoors or outdoors? How are you looking to make the connection to the cameras Line in? There are some that have RCA in and others that are just wire for in or out. Some of the indoor cameras have push 3.5mm jack inputs.
Be Safe.
X-27

Post by X-27 »

It would be an indoor camera, but the microphone will actually be outside. Listening to a piece of equipment is the only way to know that it's working properly. As far as connectors go, I'm not too concerned, I can easily adapt RCA to 3.5 mm or the other way around. It seems like, having provisions for an external microphone, was more common five years ago, but less, now. Please advise any suggestions. Also, I do like Amcrest, but it doesn't necessarily have to be an Amcrest camera. Amcrest does a terrible job of showing what audio connectors are on each camera. Other manufacturers are not much better.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Your best bet would be older 841 or 941 then. It has a jack on the back for mic and speaker. Don't buy a V3 of the camera as they did away with the jack but still look the same.
Be Safe.