AMCREST DVR does not let me use DDNS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
luminus777

AMCREST DVR does not let me use DDNS

Post by luminus777 »

it is very odd. this dvr had been set up properly with a DYNDNS ddns. everything was fine. one day it seems the dvr software was updated. since then, when I go to the DDNS tab in the configuration, it is always disabled and it is by default selecting AMCREST.COM for DDNS.

I choose DYNDNS from the dropdown and it even remembers my settings. I tick the enable box at the top, and I save and refresh.

as soon as I click anywhere else and then come back to the DDNS tab, I find that my settings were not saved and DDNS is again disabled and it chooses amcrest.com by default.

WTF?

how can I still use my usual DDNS? this doesn't make any sense at all. attaching some ID details on my device.
amcrest details.jpg
amcrest details.jpg (20.84 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AMCREST DVR does not let me use DDNS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the Forum Even though you joined 3 years ago.

I wonder if that was a issue with that system date. I only say this because one of my DVR's is the same however my Soft Version is different and build date.. Maybe they had an issue with that release and made a new one not long after. I would DL the new update to what you have even though there isn't anything much newer but maybe it will resolve the issue. See my file posted The file was made into a screen shot to reduce the file size because it was 4 times the size it now now... Only reason it is a screenshot. Also covered my SN for security reasons.

Screenshot (62).png
Screenshot (62).png (3.27 MiB) Viewed 536 times
Be Safe.
luminus777

Re: AMCREST DVR does not let me use DDNS

Post by luminus777 »

thanks. I have updated as you said but the issue persists. it is just so strange.