DVR beeps at startup, nothing on screen.

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
tsignore

DVR beeps at startup, nothing on screen.

Post by tsignore »

Did anyone ever come up with a solution to this issue? My DVR (analog) started out with a steady beeping noise stating that the HD wasn’t recognized. I ordered a replacement hard drive but before it came (within two days) I was having the same problem as you.

The DVR will not boot up. When powered on, the power light is lit but nothing is displayed on screen. After a few minutes there is a constant beep. I did replace the hard drive (same Seagate Surveillance drive) but no change.

My father-in-law has the same system as me and his had the exact same problem in the same order of events. He purchased a new DVR which I am trying to avoid.

Anyone with info please help! Thanks in advance!
James.S

Re: DVR beeps at startup, nothing on screen.

Post by James.S »

tsignore wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:02 am Did anyone ever come up with a solution to this issue? My DVR (analog) started out with a steady beeping noise stating that the HD wasn’t recognized. I ordered a replacement hard drive but before it came (within two days) I was having the same problem as you.

The DVR will not boot up. When powered on, the power light is lit but nothing is displayed on screen. After a few minutes there is a constant beep. I did replace the hard drive (same Seagate Surveillance drive) but no change.

My father-in-law has the same system as me and his had the exact same problem in the same order of events. He purchased a new DVR which I am trying to avoid.

Anyone with info please help! Thanks in advance!

I see this is your first post and I would like to take the moment to welcome you to the Amcrest Forum!

In this particular situation, I would highly advise creating a ticket for our email team so an agent such as myself can assist you. You can create a ticket by going here> https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport < and filling out the information.

This could likely be an issue with the DVR and I would like to make sure we get you the quickest support as our support team would be happy to work with you one on one to resolve this issue.

Have a great weekend!