ENCODE SETTINGS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
wickedstangs

ENCODE SETTINGS

Post by wickedstangs »

What do you set you ENCODE settings too? Main Stream
Encode.PNG
Encode.PNG (22.58 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ENCODE SETTINGS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So in most cases there are people that will set it to max settings and that is what it will record at. Then some people uncheck the Video Enable for Extra aka Sub Stream and some people keep it checked. One of the main uses for sub stream is when your using your system outside of your network over your cell network and maybe you have low bars on connection so your 5g or 4g cell network isn't running at that speed so if it is Checked the view could switch over to Sub stream so it can show you what is going on at a lower resolution and less BR...

Then the Encoding part is what you want your system to Record at. So if you want it to be the best that the camera has to offer and your recording software or NVR can take it then set it at max. However if you have loads of cameras and not a Switch to keep things balanced then you might want to change some of the info to better suit your needs.

Higher resolution and higher frame rate means larger file sizes. Also mean in most cases better picture... Lower FPS in some cases is needed however if your system came default at 30fps and your recording software or NVR/DVR can record at that rate then keep it. Worse case if you make a change you can always go back to the Default by pressing that button on the bottom right... In most cases that is what people leave it at unless there is factors that would require a change. Like my DVR don't like 30fps so I have to lower mine on my IP camera to make my DVR happy...

It is kind of up to you how you want things to look on your DVR/NVR or Recording software or even over recording to its own built in recorder if you installed a MSD and set up to do so...
Be Safe.
wickedstangs

Re: ENCODE SETTINGS

Post by wickedstangs »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:11 pm So in most cases there are people that will set it to max settings and that is what it will record at. Then some people uncheck the Video Enable for Extra aka Sub Stream and some people keep it checked. One of the main uses for sub stream is when your using your system outside of your network over your cell network and maybe you have low bars on connection so your 5g or 4g cell network isn't running at that speed so if it is Checked the view could switch over to Sub stream so it can show you what is going on at a lower resolution and less BR...

Then the Encoding part is what you want your system to Record at. So if you want it to be the best that the camera has to offer and your recording software or NVR can take it then set it at max. However if you have loads of cameras and not a Switch to keep things balanced then you might want to change some of the info to better suit your needs.

Higher resolution and higher frame rate means larger file sizes. Also mean in most cases better picture... Lower FPS in some cases is needed however if your system came default at 30fps and your recording software or NVR/DVR can record at that rate then keep it. Worse case if you make a change you can always go back to the Default by pressing that button on the bottom right... In most cases that is what people leave it at unless there is factors that would require a change. Like my DVR don't like 30fps so I have to lower mine on my IP camera to make my DVR happy...

It is kind of up to you how you want things to look on your DVR/NVR or Recording software or even over recording to its own built in recorder if you installed a MSD and set up to do so...
Thanks Revo guess I will keep it default for now. Seems to be working fine the way it is..