Issue with camera names saving in NV4232-EI NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
smartnetworks

Issue with camera names saving in NV4232-EI NVR

Post by smartnetworks »

When I update camera names using the web interface for the NVR only certain channels save the names in the NVR.

I'm updating the names via management -> camera -> camera name page
The NVR has the latest firmware available and the same issue occurs in multiple browsers.

Here's a video demonstrating the issue.
https://www.loom.com/share/1dee6ee29ea2 ... c46eac8f9d
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Issue with camera names saving in NV4232-EI NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

I can't say 100%, However if I had to guess the issue is the Camera not the NVR.. Main issue with NVRs is that when you make a change in the NVRs settings this info is then transmitted to the camera. If the camera don't like or understand the data being transmitted then it will be rejected. So I didn't look at your whole list of cameras but ones I did see seem to be all working over Onvif and not the Amcrest Private type.

So lets take my NVR, While it is older then yours it still should be about same within the Firmware and use type.. For me my 5232E-16P NVR on Ch 17 and 18 I have Alibi cameras, Both 4mp, 1 is 25x PTZ and the other is a 4x Zoom turret, When i connected these 2 cameras the NVR took up the name of Revo2Maxx. Both of the cameras have names and both of the cameras have Revo2Maxx listed in the OSD page on the second line. I did move that to the last line of my OSD and changed the name in the OSD and it did change in the NVR. Oddly it changed the info on both the channels and wonder if that is because the other one was re starting at the same time. Once it came back online it changed 18 back to Revo2maxx.. I did change the name of 18 again in my WebUi of the camera. Moving the Revo2Maxx in a different line of my OSD

So there are some other cameras that I have changed in the NVR that didn't work in the Camera so it wouldn't stay in the NVR. however once making the change in the Camera from Cameras WebUI setting like my Alibi cameras that info updates in the NVR..
Be Safe.
smartnetworks

Post by smartnetworks »

@Revo2Maxx

Thanks for the info! I've confirmed your findings to be true. I went and updated the the Title Message field of a camera in the OSD section and it indeed came into the NVR. The issue is not all of the cameras have a title message field and those are the ones that are not updating. Gonna suck as I have about 700 IP cameras that I wanted to bring over to Amcrest lol.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes, For me most of the cameras had names either entered by the brand or because I entered them. The Alibi brand is odd ball for me really because on one of them I have over 8 areas where you can add in different things, At the time I set up the cameras I had my name that I also use as a water mark in the cameras as well, As I normally do on many of my other cameras. Where the Alibi differs is the camera Title or name is part of the OSD, Where Amcrest is a different area. My guess is that my Alibi didn't use the first because it was time, the second for both of the cameras was Revo2Maxx as name I do all my cameras, then I had other things like Zoom, area, pip, direction, and all those options are not set but are included options and I guess for naming Amcrest NVR just picked the first spot that had something entered that wasn't included lol.. The Zoom camera only has 4 spaces seeing it don't have all the options the PTZ does so I guess they felt it didn't need all the extra places.

So Here is 2 pictures, First one is Stock setup for my newest AI Amcrest camera. I have the Logo of Amcrest still enabled.. If you look in the info of the camera there is no OSD option to add extra text like you can some of the older Amcrest Camera. Might be a update to the camera in the future, However in the FW being used right now no way to add Revo2Maxx. However from the NVR there is a Custom Text Option and adding that info in the NVR, It removed the Amcrest Logo and added in the Extra Text.. If I want the Logo to come back all I have to do is in the WebUI disable Logo, then reenable it and Amcrest comes back. Yet if I wanted it back in the camera using NVR extra text area just press save seeing that the data was still in the WebUI text area..
Screenshot (1907).png
Screenshot (1907).png (455.9 KiB) Viewed 54 times
Screenshot (1908).png
Screenshot (1908).png (446.98 KiB) Viewed 54 times
Be Safe.