Sensitivity & threshold?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
benz1

Sensitivity & threshold?

Post by benz1 »

I really don't understand the sections in the documentation re sensitivity and threshold. If my cameras are not triggering on all movement, do I increase or decrease the sensitivity and threshold settings to make them more sensitive?

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Sensitivity & threshold?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

So first of all just as a way to save some grief the way it was set at factory is the best way for them to be in most cases. So Press the default and get them back...

Second one of the issues that most people don't do is Enable the Motion there is normally a Check Box...

Another thing you want BOXES in the screeen when you are setting up the Motion area on the screen. When you don't want the Area protected that would be free from boxes. Maybe there are loads of limbs by the camera and leaves can set it off... So then you remove the boxes from that area and less issues....

So I remember my first time trying to setup motion I forgot to set up the Grid and no motion...
Be Safe.
benz1

Post by benz1 »

I replied to this a couple of weeks ago but for some reason it hasn't appeared? I simply need to make it more sensitive as one of my outdoor cameras sometimes picks up deliveries at my front door and sometimes doesn't. I just need to know whether to increase or decrease the numbers as the documentation is very confusing.
Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

One goes up the other one goes down. Have to play with them to get it just perfect. However I would say if you have already done messed with them I would hit the Default setting and TBH that is almost perfect. Every now and again get tree movements and shadows when the clouds are out. If I remember right that is 60 on 1 and 5 on the other. Not at the display to check atm.

Edit: Ok just looked at the one on NEW FW and they have that one set at factory at 55 Sens Threshold 10 however I hit cancel and hit live view then went back and strange it was set as I said before 60 and 5 Don't know what happen there. Ididnt save nor make any changes so I don't know why different numbers lol
Be Safe.