Video Loss / IPC Offline alerts not working

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
securewiz

Video Loss / IPC Offline alerts not working

Post by securewiz »

I own a NV2104E-HS and have two 4K bullet cameras connected over the local POE ports. I want to be notified when either of the cameras go offline or video is lost so I enabled and configured both the "Video Loss" and "IPC Offline" events to generate both a log entry and an email. When I test this functionality by unplugging one of the cameras from the NVR (removing ethernet cable) I see neither a log entry nor an email. In contrast, the "Camera Masking" event, which I also enabled, works fine - I see both a log entry and email for that event.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Video Loss / IPC Offline alerts not working

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum..

Seeing you have setup the Event and did you make sure they are in the Schedules of times for events when you tested? If not make sure they are setup in a daily event schedule. If they are and that isn't the issue then I am sure you have already but I would maybe try and Reboot your system. I am not talking about a Reset just a Manual reboot you can either go to the Auto Maintain area and reboot from there or just go to the shutdown area and reboot from there. At times I find that a reboot is needed for making some changes. Also for what ever reason make sure your time logs are setup right. Time and date. It might be that your looking at log entry for the wrong time. I am sure things are set right I am just trying to go over all bases of things I could think it might be...
Be Safe.
securewiz

Post by securewiz »

Thanks James. I actually tried it again this morning and it worked. The only difference was the passage of time and pulling the cable during the daytime instead of night. Can't imagine the latter affects it but just in case I'll try it again tonight to make sure it's still working.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok good to hear it was working. I am going to guess that maybe the Schedules are not set or wasn't set for the day you were working on.

I made a fast video showing my CVI system in area you are working with. Don't mind all the Fan noise. Might have to invest in a MIC lol.. Anyway it is not public so won't be able to find online without following the link here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZoOXkA ... e=youtu.be

Hope this helps to get your things setup. While I know your working with a NVR and mine is a DVR they should offer same type of menus... Also while I didn't set to send emails the option is there I just get to many emails as it is right now so I for the sake of the video didn't click or I would get loads more that I don't want for now lol. However you can see the option is there just click to send if you need. There are loads of options. Like if the camera is close to another camera you can have it setup to make say Camera 1 record when Camera 3 is offline because they share same area and things like that...
Be Safe.