Weird video offset in playback and export

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
229Mick

Weird video offset in playback and export

Post by 229Mick »

I have an NV4116-HS and I've found that when I go into playback and load a camera, if for example, I select 16:30 on the time line, the video comes up and shows the video from 16:30, with the right time stamp, but the cursor on the time line, rather than ending up where I clicked, ends up at 15:30.
I noticed that several weeks ago, but just dealt with it.
But today i found that if I try to export video, again for example, and I click at 16:30 to export 16:30-16:35, it shows the right video and the cursor jumps to 15:30, when I click the scissors icon, it sets the two export marks at 15:30-15:35, and then exports the video from 15:30-15:35 rather than the 16:30-16:35 I wanted...
Anyway, does anybody know what would cause this weird offset? At first I thought perhaps the NVR was in the wrong timezone, or DST was off, so it got the right time, but it was a different time from the cameras so it offset, but I double checked all the cameras and the NVR and everything is set to the right time zone, time, time server, and DST is set. At this point I'm lost. Any ideas?

Thanks!
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Weird video offset in playback and export

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I've been hanging back as I don't have a definitive answer for you but to me a 1 hour offset indicates a problem with DST or time Zone settings just as you mentioned. Neither of my cameras have got DST or NTP enabled. If need be I adjust the time by syncing with my PC manually.

I'd be inclined to go through all your settings again checking very carefully AND clicking save on every page no matter whether you've changed anything or not.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
229Mick

Re: Weird video offset in playback and export

Post by 229Mick »

Thanks! I'm thinking I'll need to do that... The official support recommendation was to use the 'flir cloud' software... well 'Smart PSS', but when I downloaded and installed it turned out to be flir cloud! That works TONS better than the amcrest software, but still adds an extra hour on to the end of everything I export... MUCH more manageable though. Till now, I couldn't even export a video successfully till an HOUR after it happened... Anyway, I'll recheck everything again and see how to tune it in properly. Thanks again.