IP2M-841EW Drops connection every 5 minutes or so . . .

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841EW Drops connection every 5 minutes or so . . .

Post by Melvin »

Hello JosephBlough ,

It is not clear if its a power issue or data connectivity issue. If its power, then this would create more issues when camera switches to IR mode at night.

It is also possible that the camera is faulty in which case you can try replacing the camera under warranty.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

pgetty

Post by pgetty »

Ever get this resolved?

I'm dealing with the exact same issue. Every 5 minutes or so, I lose connectivity. Mine's an IP2M850EB. Running POE with injector, 60 feet or so cat5. Injector is inside right at router.

-pat
Z-Man

Post by Z-Man »

I had a similar issue with a WiFi camera (IP2M-851B). It would drop the connection every 5-10 min or so. I thought it was defective. It wasn't. The issue was the settings. While the camera can support 1080p and a frame rate of 30 fps. Those settings put a strain on the camera. Those settings cannot be sustained. It hasn't lost connection since. The footage is clear.

I got the tip from a guy who works for Tyco installing surveillance cameras for corporations. He said surveillance cameras are not camcorders suspended from a ceiling. We can't expect broadcast quality footage for $100...

Funny Guy.... :D :lol: :mrgreen:
bandass

Post by bandass »

It is not exposed to rain, sleet, direct sunlight or anything other than ambient temperature in the shade. The camera should work fine under these circumstances. The high here in Atlanta on Sunday was around 94 F (35 C).
Redtube Beeg Spankbang
Ben999000

Post by Ben999000 »

I wanted to add my 2 cents to this thread since this was the most relevant post for an issue I was having. I was seeing the connection drop out on my PoE IP2M-851EW camera every 5 seconds or so. Turns out it was an IP address conflict issue where I had a static IP set on the camera and that address got assigned to a new device that I added after a power outage. One more thing to look into if you're having a similar issue.