Email That Will Work With IP5M-B1276EW-AI & IP5M-T1277EW-AI

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
ArrowJ

Email That Will Work With IP5M-B1276EW-AI & IP5M-T1277EW-AI

Post by ArrowJ »

Can anyone recommend a free or cheap email account that will work with my IP5M-B1276EW-AI and IP5M-T1277EW-AI cameras? I have tried my Google, Apple, and Outlook accounts and none of them will work. My ISP does not provide an email account. I can get the configuration to save via the web interface, but the test fails. I knew this would be the case with Google as it wants secondary authorization that the cameras cannot provide, and I assume that is what is going on with the other accounts as well.

Alternatively, if anyone has a gotten an icloud.com email to work, can you please share your settings?

I would love to see a firmware update for these cameras to help out with this, but I am not holding my breath.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Email That Will Work With IP5M-B1276EW-AI & IP5M-T1277EW-AI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So first are you looking for storage retention? or you looking to be notified for an event?

For storage retention I would look at setting up an FTP, Could be on or offsite.. On site is easier.

If you are looking for Notice of an event, I would then setup your Amcrest app for Push notices. Setup for Images and make sure images on event is set in the camera, Then when the event happens you get a notice right away. There is only 1 down side to this method. If you are using ATT or T-Mobile scratch that idea. The server for them seems to have issues and everyone blames Amcrest for the outage, However if that was an Amcrest issue it wouldn't be location driven and would affect everyone not just a Provider. P2P setup only thing amcrest is doing is keeping a hand off point open for when your app calls for a connection. There is no other server use between the camera or your phone after you make a connection. If it was a P2P cloud then that would be different because the connection wouldn't be between your camera and the app it would be between the app and the cloud...

Anyway outside of that most systems have stopped letting 3rd party emails be sent because of the abuse of spammers

Even the service I have for my .com changed how it was setup for out going email. Some of my devices both Amcrest and Dahua don't like the new setup for outgoing so I now use my .info email server that I wasn't even using at the time until the .com server change.. now in the .info they have also changed requirements for accessing outgoing mail server and lucky the Cameras and DVR/NVRs for 99% of them anyway use the TLS 1.2 or better so I am still covered so far. But always seems like even personal services are changing things to make it harder to use my IP cameras, DVR/NVRs. But I do have them..

Personally if I was Rich and had my own CCTV line, I would offer not only cloud but an email service that my clients wouldn't have to worry about will my email work for my devices tomorrow..

Push from the camera to the app is instant. As an idea, a car going up the street 25 with a visual distance of about 30 feet I get the notice before the car is even out of frame. This is using Live View or Image. If you setup to use Video, The notice won't get sent until the video is recorded. Image event type plays out like a short video.. In truth it is a place mark for if and when you need that info retained for some mis deeds..
Be Safe.
ArrowJ

Re: Email That Will Work With IP5M-B1276EW-AI & IP5M-T1277EW-AI

Post by ArrowJ »

I do use the app push for events. There are some other things in the web settings that appear to only be able to send an email (or at least they are not listed as push items in the app). That is too bad about the email providers. I had the same thought you did. Amcrest should provide an email server and the problem would be solved. Thanks!